Interested in a cure for seizures? Here's where you can immediately help.

Feel free to share any of these posts. There are no copyrights on any of them, they are for anyone, anyplace, anytime for whatever reason. All of my love, from a man who just simply misses his son, and believes in the decency of people around the world,

Mike
**To reach the author of this blog Mike, the best email account is a silly one, but goes right to my phone. Technology is so cool. Its toiletoctopus@gmail.com. Thank you for reading this blog, and its been such a good project, in that it has helped others and me as well. May you all live life to the fullest, we have no idea when it shall be our last "dance."

With much love, I am proud of the Angelman Syndrome Foundation. If you can help them, and families with this condition, please consider donating to them at www.angelman.org. They are on Charity Navigator, and have done a phenomenal job over the years, on the awareness and research side.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Life is a Circus, and It is not Fair

Life can be so stressful at times. It could be a difficult boss at your job, a person who gets on your nerves, or the fact that the bills just never seem to stop piling up. We all have a lot on our "plates", and while they aren't empty, they can be fulfilled in a much more pleasant way with faith. The past year I've met incredible people, that have inspired me, and made me realize that I'm not alone. Even after holding my own son, who passed away in my arms, I realize that others have experienced this same pain. It doesn't make me special, and I don't want people to feel sorry for me. Do I hurt? Of course. Every single day, and as I've previously noted, I particularly like how Tony Dungy described the loss of his son as "I'm still grieving." It will never end, but the love of God is endless.

There are no guarantees in life. While all of us have thought "Wow, I wish I had a life like that person," do you really think they've had it easy? Do you think you are seeing the complete picture? Nope, you are just seeing that part of the Johari's window that this particular individual has left visible. There are scars beneath the soul of each person, and trials and tribulations that we all must face. That's part of the human experience, and find me any religious text, of any faith, that says life is going to be an "easy ride." For instance, how could an earthquake happen in a place called ChristChurch? Well, in the Bible earthquakes are mentioned. Terrible crimes are committed, people are treated as slaves, beaten, bashed, cast away, thrown down, and crushed.

Life is what you make of it. In the past year since my son's passing, I've learned a lot more than I ever thought possible, through quiet prayer and reflection. People with hard experiences would pop up at the right time. There's been no burning bush at my front door, nor a loud voice from the sky telling me what to do. Yet I know what my mission in life is now. That's what we are here for. Just like you, I'm a simple, imperfect human being that makes a lot of mistakes. Some may want to call this sins, but whatever you want to call it, there's no perfect person. This goal is simple, and that is to find a cure for seizures that took my son's life, and the lives of others. God never asks us to do something that is beyond our ability. I'm very thankful He hasn't asked me to figure out math problems, because well, that just won't happen.

Yet He has given me the message to "carry on." March forward. The journey to find a cure for seizures is not going to be easy, but it will be done, by the grace of God. There will be tears, doubts, setbacks, and pain. Yet there will also be successes, that I know shall result in positive changes coming from the medical field. Its up to you what you want your life to be about. We are given "free will", but life is a covenant of sorts, to find a way to find out what your life's mission is. In some cases its obvious, others require a more painful road. Yet the one characteristic that we all share, is the strength of the human spirit. Even with the battle of life, and all that is thrown at us, we continue to push forward, and to stand up tall in the face of challenges. Each of us has this, and we must be united on this road to finding a cure for seizures.

No comments:

Post a Comment